VISUAL ARTS, POETRY, COMMUNITY ARTS, MEDIA & ADVERTISING
"My art is my search for the moments beyond the ones of self knowledge. It is the rhythmic fantasy; a restless streak which looks for its own fulfillment! A stillness that moves within! An intense search for my origin and ultimate identity". - Meena

Meena Chopra - Poetry and Art

Sunday 22 May 2011

माणिक - White Canvas


चित्र - मीना द्वारा निर्मित
Drawing by Meena 

सपनों के सपाट कैनवास पर
रेखाएँ खींचता
असीम स्पर्श तुम्हारा
कभी झिंझोड़ता
कभी थपथपाता
कुछ खाँचे बनाता
आँकता हुआ चिन्हों को
रंगों से तरंगों को भिगोता रहा
एक रात का एक मख़मली एहसास।


     कच्ची पक्की उम्मीदों में बँधा
        सतरंगी सा उमड़ता आवेग
          एक छलकता, प्रवाहित इंद्रधनुष
          झलकता रहा गली-कूचों में
        बिखरी सियाह परछाइयों
     के बीच कहीं दबा दबा।


                रात रोशन थी
      श्वेत चाँदनी सो रही थी मुझमें
                    निष्कलंक!
                  अँधेरों की मुट्ठी में बंद
              जैसे माणिक हो सर्प के
           फन से उतरा हुआ।
 
सुबह का झुटपुटा
झुकती निगाहों में
बहती मीठी धूप
थम गया दर्पण दिन का
अपने अक़्स में गुम होता हुआ।

और तब
थका-हारा, भुजंग सा
दिन का यह सरसराता धुँधलका
सरकता रहा परछाइयों में प्रहर - प्रहर।
नींद में डूबी अधखुली आँखों के बीच
फासलों को निभाता यूँ दरबदर
साथ चलता रहा मेरे
एकटक आठों प्रहर।

(भावार्थ "वाईट कैनवास"
संकलन "सुबह का सूरज अब मेरा नहीं है" में प्रकाशित) 


 


White Canvas
 
Your vivid stroke
etched in my memory
bestirred my stark white canvas.
A passing night clasped me
replete with colours.
Raw impulses wide awake
splashed shades
tinting the sheet
toning the moods.

 A splendor bedded
with me all night.

A river
oozed out in heat.
My opaque vision.
grasped the forthcoming dawn.

A fatigue

tarried within me
throughout the day.
(from collection"Ignited Lines")

1 comment:

mridula pradhan said...

wah.....bemisaal hai.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My links at facebook

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Popular Posts