VISUAL ARTS, POETRY, COMMUNITY ARTS, MEDIA & ADVERTISING
"My art is my search for the moments beyond the ones of self knowledge. It is the rhythmic fantasy; a restless streak which looks for its own fulfillment! A stillness that moves within! An intense search for my origin and ultimate identity". - Meena

Meena Chopra - Poetry and Art

Monday 2 July 2012

ओस की एक बूँद - The Dewdrop - Oas ki Ek Boond

ओस में डूबता अंतरिक्ष
विदा ले रहा है
अँधेरों पर गिरती तुषार
और कोहरों की नमी से।

और यह बूँद न जाने
कब तक जियेगी
इस लटकती टहनी से
जुड़े पत्ते के आलिंगन में।

धूल में जा गिरी तो फिर
मिट के जाएगी कहाँ?

ओस की एक बूँद
बस चुकी है कब की

मेरे व्याकुल मन में।
-© Meena Chopra (above drawing is by Meena Chopra)
- From upcoming collection 'Subeh ka Suraj ab Mera Nahin Hai'.

Oas me doobata antariksh
bida le raha hai andharon per girti tushar
aur koharon ki namee se
aur yeh boond kab tak jiyegi
is latakti tahani se jude patte ke alingan me
dhool me ja giri to phir mit ke jayegi kahan
aus ki ek boond bas chuki hai kabaki
mere wyakul man me.


(Transcreation)
The Dewdrop

The dewdrop
Submerged the universe.
departed
the misty
damp cold nights
Hugged
A fresh and short lived leaf.
Clung to the suspended branch,
A life span.

What is the chance ?
Will it last?
If it falls
on the grounded dust
in a final thrust.
Vanishing ever.

Yet it yearns,
Stilling the beats
Ceasing -
As it never did.!





- Meena Chopra

3 comments:

Vipin Behari Goyal said...

Very nice poem.

Meena C hopra said...

Thanks Vipin.

Anonymous said...

aapka blog bahut rachanatmak hai..achchha laga..

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My links at facebook

Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    Popular Posts